Banner

Banner

Friday, December 30, 2011

Day Two

Ouch...


So, this was Day Two, but it was also the first day of the "Bigger, Better Arms" workout from DailyBurn. All biceps work today, although I did a little bit of triceps work at the end (nothing crazy, just some tricep presses with a 50 lb weight to feel a little more balanced after all the bicep work). Anyway, my arms were killing me by the end, and I wasn't able to finish two sets of one exercise (these "21s" are brutal - you do half a curl, release, full curl, then down to half, then back up to full, then release... that's one rep...) and by the end of almost every set, I was pushing right up to failure. I didn't pace my weight well at all, and probably overexerted my arms too early into the workout...


Standing Dumbbell Curls

Set 1: 10 reps x 35 lbs
Set 2: 8 reps x 35 lbs (actually did the first two at 40 lbs, but my left bicep in particular just could not handle it)
Set 3: 6 reps x 35 lbs (failure at 4 reps, took a quick rest, and pushed through the last two)


Dumbbell Curl - Incline

Set 1: 10 reps x 30 lbs 
Set 2: 8 reps x 25 lbs (I was actually supposed to UP the weight here, but my arms were actually fatiguing quickly. 
Set 3: 6 reps x 25 lbs

Dumbbell Curl - One-Arm, Incline Bench

Set 1: 8 reps x 25 lbs
Set 2: 8 reps x 25 lbs
Set 3: 8 reps x 25 lbs

21s - EZ Bar

Set 1: 8 reps x 50 lbs
(Was unable to finish sets 2 or 3)

Hammer Curl - Cable, Rope Attachment

Set 1: 10 reps x 50 lbs
Set 2: 10 reps x 50 lbs
Set 3: 10 reps x 50 lbs

 (Yay! Something not TOO strenuous. This was a nice way to end the workout. I'll move to 12 reps per set next week, and then up the weight to 60 lbs after that.)


I'm realizing that next week I should go 25 / 30 / 35 on all the 10-8-6s. I got too excited with the standing dumbbell curls, and my arms were fatigued by the time those were done. I've also got to fight my way up to 10 reps per set on the one-arm curls. Thankfully I've recovered pretty fast (yay post-workout protein!!)


Let's go Day Three!

No comments:

Post a Comment